The following resources are available for employers who are looking to hire internationally trained professionals:
- The Access Centre for Regulated Employment – assists employers with recruiting internationally trained individuals and understanding international credential equivalencies.
- Association canadienne-française de l’Ontario (ACFO) – has an employment resource centre in Sarnia and offers eligible employers the possibility of receiving wage subsidies when hiring bilingual persons.
- Hireimmigrants.ca – provides strategies and resources to help small, medium and large companies better recruit, retain and promote skilled newcomers.
- Human Resources and Skills Development Canada – provides information, programs and services on human resources planning including recruiting foreign workers.
- The Ontario Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration (MCI) – includes information about how and why to hire internationally trained individuals
- Service Canada Job Bank – allows employers to post job vacancies free of charge.
- Skillsinternational.ca – is a tool that unites pre-screened, internationally educated professionals with employers who need their skills.
- World Education Services (WES) – provides credential evaluation services to help employers understand the exact nature and Canadian equivalency of the educational background of prospective employees.
YMCA of Sarnia-Lambton – offers English as a Second Language (ESL) and Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada (LINC) free of charge. Employers may wish to refer newcomer employees to these resources.